As of -- there are -- confirmed cases of COVID-19 in New Mexico. Learn More
Department of Game and Fish
Major Changes as a Result of the Coronavirus
- All New Mexico Department of Game and Fish offices, Bernardo Wildlife Management Area Tour Loop and public access to Department hatcheries are closed.
- The Department encourages the public to utilize the many online, social media and phone services available. Customers seeking general information including; license sales and harvest reporting can still reach the Department by phone at 505-476-8000 or toll-free at 1-888-248-6866. They can reach the Department by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit online at www.wildlife.state.nm.us.
- The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish has launched a new Online Services section on the Department’s homepage keeping it simple and easy for our customers to navigate. http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us.
- The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is currently working to ensure that customer needs are being met through employees telecommuting from home and Conservation Officers patrolling throughout New Mexico.
- New Mexico Department of Game and Fish is posting daily educational activities for children and their parents. Visit our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) for your daily activity.
General hunting and fishing information: www.wildlife.state.nm.us.
Purchasing hunting and fishing licenses: onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us.
Wildlife and wildlife management lessons plans: www.wildlife.state.nm.us/education/conservation-education/discover-new-mexico
Operation Game Thief: 1-800-432-4263 of onlinesales.wildlife.state.nm.us/public/ogt
Hunter Education Program: www.wildlife.state.nm.us/education/hunter-education
Elk Private Lands Use System (EPLUS): www.wildlife.state.nm.us/hunting/maps/elk-private-lands
Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Program: www.wildlife.state.nm.us/ohv/ohv-education/
Fishing in New Mexico: http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/fishing/weekly-report/
SANTA FE – At sunset Monday, April 6, 2020, the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish will close multiple Wildlife Managements Areas and Open Gate properties to promote public safety. Closures include: Bear Canyon Reservoir near Mimbres Bill Evans Lake Wildlife...
SANTA FE – To promote public safety, the Department at sunset Sunday, April 5, 2020, will close Monastery Lake Open Gate property near the Village of Pecos and Seven Springs Brood Pond located at Seven Springs Hatchery in the Jemez Mountains. Social distancing is a...