Regarding the ongoing developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, The New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department Securities Division is providing this update regarding operations:
As of March 30, 2020:
The offices of the New Mexico Securities Division are closed. The Securities Division remains operational. Staff are teleworking from home.
Compliance and Registrations
- The Securities Division’s compliance unit is conducting remote examinations using phone and email correspondence in lieu of traditional onsite examinations during this time.
- Licensing staff are processing licensing/registration applications through the CRD/IARD systems. Requests for supplemental information may be submitted via email.
- The Securities Division will continue to make decisions and recommendations concerning applications for registration, securities offerings and the plans of business for dealing in securities. Enforcement
- Inherent in the current climate of uncertainty and anxiety are unscrupulous actors preying upon the fear of others and looking to profit.
- The Securities Division will continue to enforce securities laws and maintain its work to detect and prevent violations of the law, including fraud committed in connection to the sale of securities and illegal sales of securities.
- To minimize the risk to public health, enforcement staff will minimize inperson contacts with witnesses and regulatory partners, taking advantage of phone, email and other forms of telecommunications technology to complete their work in a virtual environment.
- In-person investor education presentations and events are postponed until further notice.
- The Securities Division will continue to provide timely content to the public, including news releases, investor alerts and updates on the division’s activities.
Important information on COVID-19 is available at the https://nmhealth.org/. Related regulatory information is available on the agency’s website at http://www.rld.state.nm.us/securities-division/. Additional securities regulatory information related to COVID-19 for jurisdictions beyond New Mexico can be found on the website of the North American Securities Administrators Association, of which the New Mexico Securities Division is a member, at the following link: www.nasaa.org/industry-resources/covid-19-updates/.
If you have questions or concerns about this message, please don’t hesitate to the Securities Division. Contact information is available on the agency’s website at http://www.redflags.nm.com. All staff will be responding to email and voicemail messages throughout the day every business day during this telework period. Additionally you may contact the following individuals:
Benjamin R. Schrope, Attorney, Interim Director
Stephanie Varoz, Law Clerk
Krystal Montano, Securities Examiner
Nona Lane, Compliance/Registration Manager